In part 1 of this series, we talked about ways to get referrals online. In the last part of this series, we will be talking about things that you can do in the real world to get lots of referrals for your GPT sites. With that being said, here are 5 great ways to get some referrals offline.
6. Business Cards
Print out some business cards with your referral link on it and leave them everywhere that you can. Here are some things that you should do if you want to achieve the best results.
- Create eye-catching business cards that get the main point across in as little words as possible. Use a short but attention-grabbing headline. Then, include a very short description of the opportunity or a small list of benefits.
- Include a link to your website instead of a referral link. Your website will encourage those who check out the opportunity to sign up. On your website, you can show people how it works and proof it works. Often, this works better than just sending them directly to the GPT site.
- Leave your business cards in places where your target audience may be. Since many people could use some extra cash, there are many areas that you could target. Loan establishments, colleges, discount stores, and unemployment offices are only a few examples of great areas to leave or handout business cards.
- Include your contact information. People may want to ask questions about the opportunity. Make sure that they have a way to contact you to get the answers they want.
- Let others help you pass out your business cards. If you have relatives or friends that own a business, ask them if they could hand them out. You could also just give them some business cards and ask that they pass them out when convenient for them.
Flyers are a great way to promote a business or opportunity. Using flyers may seem old-fashioned but it has been around for so long because it works. If you can craft up some attention-grabbing flyers and put them in the right areas, you could get a lot of referrals for your GPT sites.
8. Word of Mouth
I’ve gotten quite a few referrals just by telling family and friends about the opportunity. You can use the “word of mouth” approach to get referrals too. Start by telling your family and friends about the opportunity. It is even better if you can show them exactly how it works. Get them in front of the computer and then let them watch over you as you explain how it works.
Don’t stop with family and friends. Pass the word along to co-workers, neighbors, and even strangers if you are comfortable with it. It’s best to have some business cards with you when talking to people that you do not know well because you probably won’t have enough time to fully persuade them. By leaving them with a business card or flyer, there is still a chance that they may check out the opportunity.
9. Promotional Freebies
If you are serious about getting referrals and don’t mind making an investment to grow your referral base, you may want to try buying some promotional items, such as pens, magnets, and key chains, that you can give away to people for free. The goal is to get your referral link or website lots of exposure. This can be achieved if you give away lots of promotional items with your link branded on it.
10. Local Classified Ads
Pay to place an ad in your local newspaper. Lots of people read newspapers and free classified papers. Get your message across to them and you could find yourself with a nice amount of new referrals.
This concludes the series on getting referrals for GPT sites. If you want more in-depth information about getting referrals, consider checking out my other articles about GPT sites.